Designing your new home is an excellent opportunity to be imaginative and add some unique features and customize every detail to match you and your family’s desires and expectations. In the US, every state demands a different approach towards building a house. Usually, the weather showcases the kind of house people live in.
For example, in a state like Atlanta, GA, in the suburbs like Dacula, Berkeley Lake, Tyrone, and Woodfield, the houses are enormous with lavish gardens, outdoor living areas, and pools, either inside or in the backyard.
Georgia has a subtropical climate where the summers are hotter, more humid, and longer than almost any other state. Daytime temperatures can reach a staggering 95F, with widespread precipitation and tropical cyclones from June till August.
So, where do you start? following are a few pointers
- Look for knowledgeable professionals for help
- Check with the builders whether or not your customizations are possible in your budget
- Don’t fear customization, be imaginative and creative
- Take a tour of models that are similar to what you’re planning
After you have the basics taken care of, let’s move onto the list of the must-have features to include in your brand-new home.
An Exotic Pool
Putting a pool into your new home feels posh and exciting. Building a pool might take building costs higher, but it’s worth it because it contributes towards the home’s overall value. If you need ideas of the kind of pool you’d want to have, search for the term backyard pool designs Atlanta ga for some stunning examples.
You can go for either an exotic, high-quality outdoor pool, depending on what kind of style suits you; either way, it will increase the resale value of your home. A pool area is,
- The best refuge in summer to keep you cool
- An excellent venue for parties and get-togethers
Outdoor Living Area
If you intend to entertain your neighbors and guests during the summer, an outdoor living area is necessary. You can include a TV or any other entertainment system in the outdoor living area to make it more accessible for gatherings and stuff.
Incorporating technology right in the backyard is one reason why outdoor living spaces have gained so much popularity. Besides using this space for entertainment or gathering, you can also utilize this space for the following.
- You can place a flat-screen tv in the enclosed area
- Outdoor kitchen spaces for cabinets, sinks, cooktops, and refrigerators
- Installing fireplaces and pits for cozy winter evenings
- Outdoor lounge or dining area with comfy seating
Homes with high ceilings offer more visual appeal because it’s space for hanging chandeliers, architectural details, paintings, and other decoration items. High ceilings also increase the resale value because they depict that classical look popular among today’s property enthusiasts. Other benefits of high ceilings are:
- Making the area look larger
- Showcasing a passion for decoration items
- Allowing more natural light to enter the house
- Giving options for custom décor and light features
With custom built-ins, you can upgrade unused space, add more value and elegance to your home. Building a new home gives you the liberty to add as much space as your family requires. You can customize what materials you’d want to use, depending upon the purpose of your built-ins. Following are examples of built-ins you might like.
- Shelves for storage and display that are practical and attractive
- Customized cabinets in the kitchen or the stairway
- Benches or window seating with concealed storage
- Tv and entertainment systems that provide room for unnecessary electronic and wires
A mudroom is usually located at the back, the side of the house, or the shed. It is a beneficial addition to every family home. Nowadays, people are looking for more than just a coat closet. You can add a mudroom with a functional cubby system featuring extra storage, coat hooks, and shoe cabinets. A closed closet hides everything and gives the impression of being more organized. A mudroom can include the following:
- A bench or a couch to sit and remove shoes or clothes
- You can add furniture depending upon the size
- An overhead and task lighting
- Cleaning necessities of the room
Smart Home Technology
It is a blessing to have a home that adds comfort and ease to your daily routine in your life. The advancement in technology has introduced devices for home automation and security. Via the internet of things, you can monitor every part of your home through home automation. There are endless opportunities in home automation, whether you want to run your home through a central system or app-based devices. You can also use this technology for the following purposes.
- Home security system: intelligent door locks, doorbell, CCTV camera, security alarm
- Built-in speakers
- Built-in Air Conditioning and heating systems
A Central Vacuum System
A central vacuum system is something to consider if you don’t want to drag around a bulky vacuum cleaner. Issues arising from portable vacuums can be kept away by central vacuum systems. CVS keeps all the heavy machinery out of the house, so you don’t have to listen to the loud noise of the motor. They are more powerful than portable vacuums, with up to three times the suction power. The benefits include:
- It allows deep cleaning by getting into nooks and crannies, and the dirt in the carpets
- It improves the quality of air and consequently impacts the lives of people
- It has a series of outlets placed in the wall that makes it easier to use
- CVS is a long-term investment
Programmable thermostats are ideal for families that are out for a more extended period during the day. They assist you in keeping your home comfortable while conserving energy and power. These thermostats are of two types: mechanical and digital. They automatically control your home’s temperature, so you’re at the ideal temperature whenever you walk in. Other benefits include:
- Low energy bills and reliable precision
- Programmable system alerts
While constructing or buying a new home, you have a lot of leverage over the features you’d want to include; take advantage of. Many of the features listed above would cost a pretty penny, but they’re worth it in the long run. They not only offer an outstanding experience when you use them and increase the resale value of the house if you decide to sell it later. If you still can’t choose, try speaking to professional builders to assist you in adding favorable features to your new home.