Your living room, the place where you entertain guests, where the family sits together to spend quality time, or where you often spend your leisurely hours, is a reflection of your personality. Though this space is shared by various people at different times, it should essentially represent your taste and aura. Most significantly, it must be functional while being stylish. Thus, every piece of furniture- big or small- and every decor item must be carefully chosen. Curating a distinctive style of furniture and analyzing which combinations work best before buying the final pieces must be a predominant practice.
When considering living room furniture, sofas, tables, and chairs are the primary investments that come to mind. According to the design and dimensions of your living room, these pieces must be handpicked to fit in perfectly. When talking of tables, for instance, there are myriad designs and styles to choose from. Take a look at the following types of tables that you can use to deck up your living room:
Five Different Types of tables for your living room
There are primarily 5 different types of living room tables, each with its unique design, shape, and color. You can easily find the ideal choice for your needs, or an interior designer can come to your rescue if you find yourself engulfed in the pool of choices. Here are the different types of tables and why you need all of them in your Living Room
- Coffee Tables: No surprise here! Coffee tables form the central table furniture piece in a living room. It is the largest table in the room since it is intended to serve every single person. This centerpiece can be used to keep snacks and beverages, some small decor, and even books! When entertaining, the coffee table is where you will serve food/ snacks/ beverages to be consumed. It allows easy access to every member on the sofas. Coffee tables in Dubai are now available in several styles, so you can choose one which ties your room together flawlessly.
- Side Tables: Side tables make it convenient for everyone to keep their cups and plates and enjoy food as per their preference. These are especially helpful for a larger living room. Usually placed in a corner between two corner seats, side tables are now quite versatile. One may even be able to find movable side tables that fit in front of the sofa, sliding the legs under it easily.
- Nesting Tables: These trendy tables are mostly available in a set of two. These are statement pieces that can be placed at the center or as an accent piece of furniture to lend a certain versatility to your living room. Simply stack them together or pull them separately as per your need, and quickly minimize or maximize table space. Nesting tables are available in many shapes and sizes, with moon-shaped nesting tables being a popular choice.
- Console Tables: A Console table can add a lot of sophistication, style, and character to a space. Use these to display small decor items, style them with an accent mirror on the wall and see how it turns your place from ordinary to eye-catching in a matter of minutes. A chic and sleek console table made in white marble with gold legs will add a whole new vibe to your space. Spruce it up with a statement decor piece, place a couple of succulents, or even an elegant tray, and you have a tasteful yet functional piece to keep all your things organized.
- Ottoman Table: An ottoman table serves two primary purposes. Firstly, it can be used as a table to set down a few things. Secondly, these are so comfy and cushiony that they also act as the perfect footstool. After a tiring day, relaxing your feet on a puffy cushion melts away all the stress. Not only do these serve an essential purpose, but they also look exquisite and add a distinctive touch of elegance. Available in versatile shapes, sizes, and colors, they will even add a much-needed pop of color to your living room. If that was not enough, ottoman tables often also come with storage space. Store some essentials there, and no one will know what’s inside.
Each type of essential living room table adds its own flavour and has a unique place in your living room. Needless to say, you may need to include all of them in your space. However, it is essential to ensure that you do not overcrowd, given the other furniture pieces that will be put up in the living room as well. Style each piece in a manner that reflects your style and pick pieces consciously to make it all look cohesive. With these essential styling tips and an ocean of choices available, taking your pick may seem complicated but worth the effort.